Housing Stability General Assistance Application
Applicants must reside in or be moving to one of the following New Hampshire towns: Amherst, Brookline, Hollis, Hudson, Litchfield, Lyndeborough, Mason, Merrimack, Milford, Mt. Vernon, Nashua, Peterborough and Wilton.
The Agency generally assists only families within the Very Low Income Guidelines (less than 80% of AMFI) as established by HUD or who have encountered a short-term crisis.
Applicants who have received assistance from the Agency in the past 12 months must demonstrate ongoing sustainability to receive further assistance.
Within seven business days of receiving an application, a Front Door Agency staff member will contact the applicant with a preliminary eligibility review. Documentation requirements will be finalized and a screening interview will be arranged. Final determinations can be expected within three business days after receiving all required documentation and completion of an initial screening interview. If you have not received a call within seven business days of submitting an application, please call the office at 603.886.2866.
If you need assistance reading and completing this application, please contact our office to make arrangements.
Once the initial screening for eligibility has been completed, you will be asked to submit the following documents via a secure web link that will be sent to you. To expedite the application process, please have the following documents ready for submission when requested: Please discuss any issues with the following items at time of your screening interview.
- Picture ID for all adult household members
- Social security cards for all household members including children
- Birth certificates for all household members including children
- Proof of INCOME for all household members
- Demand for Rent or Eviction Notice, if applying for rental assistance
- A Notice of Decision from their local municipal welfare office if applying for more than one month’s rental assistance
- Utility bill, Disconnect Notice and/or Payment Arrangement from the utility company, if applying for utility assistance.
- Copy of current lease or mortgage statement
- Your most recent Bank Statement for ALL checking and/or saving accounts for ALL household members (must be within the last 30-days)
- Copy of Housing voucher, if applicable
*Please note that depending on your request, additional documents may be required to establish eligibility.