As always, the Front Door Agency is committed to serving Greater Nashua during this uncertain time, and the safety of our clients, staff, and volunteers is our top priority. Here are some of the ways we’re addressing the current crisis:
We are offering aid to those who are economically impacted by the pandemic.
Last year, additional funds were added to the state budget aimed at preventing homelessness. This allowed us to expand our Housing Stability program and extend aid to those that are economically impacted by the current pandemic, particularly those in the service and hospitality industries who have lost hours and are experiencing financial hardship. Click here to access our online Prevention application and please share with anyone you know that may need rental or utility assistance.
We are restricting visitors to our main office and the majority of our staff is working remotely, but we are fully functioning and available during our normal operating hours.
Instead of in-person meetings, case managers will schedule phone meetings with clients. Our staff is grateful to have the tools we need to serve our community while working remotely. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance to us while working remotely and our staff is taking precautions to safeguard client information. For assistance, please call (603) 886-2866 during our normal operating hours (Monday – Thursday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.).
We are providing extra support to the families living in our Transformational Housing sites.
Like many of our neighbors, the mothers and their children living in our housing sites across Nashua are encouraged to practice social distancing and stay at home as much as possible. Here’s how we’re helping them during this uncertain time:
- Case managers are on-call 24/7 to address any client needs. Our live-in Residential Aide at the Norwell Home is also available to assistant and support clients.
- Case Managers are scheduling more frequent check-ins with clients via Zoom or FaceTime to ensure their needs are being met and that they stay on track with their personal and professional development goals during this challenging time. With childcare centers closed and school-aged children home, we are providing various ways to keep kids busy. Bicycles, outdoor activities and virtual learning options are all being shared.
- We are keeping clients informed and sharing relevant information on our closed Facebook page, Choosing Positivity. This includes information on food lunch programs, bus schedules and ways to keep families engaged in a positive way during this time.
- Anxiety and depression during stressful times like this can increase, particularly for those with a history of domestic violence and mental health issues. We are helping the mothers in our program maintain good mental health by staying connected with their therapists and providing resources like virtual yoga.
- Our Budget Buddies partnership will resume virtually via Zoom to keep the women engaged with each other as they continue to work toward financial security.
- We provided each family with an initial $100 food voucher to be used in case of emergency and to help with food security preparation. We stocked the freezer with essentials and are prepared to provide additional food vouchers if needed.
- We are prepared to provide transportation to the grocery store or doctor’s appointments for clients that need it thanks to a partnership with Granite State Taxi. All transportation costs incurred will be invoiced to the Agency.
- In an effort to enhance social distancing, we successfully transitioned eligible families from the Norwell Phase I Group Home into Phase II independent apartments, thus minimizing the numbers of people in one space.
- We increased our sanitation protocol and have hired a company to come in to perform a deep sanitation of the Norwell Home once per week.
- We have one unit that is currently vacant and ready to be used should any of our clients or staff need to be quarantined.
- Please note that we are still accepting intake applications for the program. Click here to access our Transformational Housing Program application