Executive Assistant (Posted Nov. 2022)
The Front Door Agency, Inc.(FDA) is seeking an Executive Assistant to join our growing organization. The Executive Assistant’s primary responsibilities are administrative, and requires great diplomacy, discretion, resourcefulness and flexibility as this individual will be working closely with a diverse range of people within and outside of the organization. These responsibilities include managing and optimizing communication between various departments, external stakeholders and the Board of Directors, calendar management, strategic support, donor database support and coordination across various projects and priorities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
General Administrative Support (70%)
- Performs administrative tasks to support CEO with additional support to the Chief Development Officer.
- Manages the day to day operations of the Office of the CEO.
- Represents the CEO in his/her office to internal and external constituencies.
- Anticipates information and communication needs for the CEO in the day to day operation of his/her schedule and meetings.
- Maintains appointment schedule for CEO.
- Proactively plans and anticipates upcoming months’ needs and priorities and consistently manages that forecast.
- Manages filing and archiving of electronic/print correspondence relative to internal and external matters.
- Plans, schedules and attends meetings, conferences, teleconferences for CEO and Chief Development Officer, including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other meeting materials, reserving and preparing facilities, food arrangements, and recording and transcribing meeting minutes and action items for boards, committees and task forces. Including meetings and events to advance the planning and execution of organizational strategic goals and objectives.
- Serve as a communication link to the Board of Directors for issues related to the Agency.
- Attends staff meetings and senior leadership team meetings when applicable and records action items for follow-up.
- Creates and coordinates executive level correspondence on behalf of the CEO, Chief Development Officers and other written correspondence for the Board of Directors.
- Manages the 3-year strategic plan document, coordinating timelines and collecting input in timely manner from senior leadership team.
- Works closely with Marketing Coordinator in preparing presentations for the CEO and Chief Development Officer on program highlights and statistical information.
- Represents the CEO as surrogate point-of –contact for external constituencies
- Liaison to the Board of Directors and Chief Development Officer, providing bridge for communication and support.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in handling confidential and sensitive information in connection with job responsibilities.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Fund Raising/Development Support (30%)
- Provides general administrative support to the Chief Development Officer.
- Manages the donor database to ensure all contributions and donors are entered accurately and completely; provides donor reports to senior leadership staff
- Prepares monthly donor summary reports for analysis
- Examines donor prospects and helps create effective target donor lists using donor database.
- Prepares bulk mailings when indicated (typically 4 per year)
- Assists with administrative tasks with Agency special events, such as picking up auction items, creating props, auction item entry.
- Creates timely solicitation and thank you correspondence to donors
- Keeps track of all contributions and provides monthly balancing reports to the Business Office.
- Provides administrative and logistics support at all Agency events
- Provides other support as deemed appropriate and necessary
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proofreading skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and judgment
- Experience with executive level office management and board management/board governance
- Strong relationship and customer service skills
- Ability to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to organize multiple tasks/projects, as well as prioritize tasks within projects
- Attention to detail and ability to work under deadline pressures
- Ability to be self-directed, as well as work in teams
- Belief in the mission and purpose of the Front Door Agency
- At least three years of administrative experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills with proficiency in Word, Excel Pivot Tables and Creating PowerPoint Presentations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Teams with creation of forms, and Sharefile Management Systems.
- Experience with donor database management software a plus
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Be able to walk up and down stairs regularly
- Valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Full-Time Hourly position based at 35-40/hrs week.
- Salary to commensurate with experience. Range between $26-$30/week
- This is an in-office position with some opportunity for remote work.
- Hours are generally between 8:30-4:30 Monday-Friday with some earlier mornings required at times.
- Full health, dental, life
- Three weeks of paid vacation
- Simple IRA plan with match after one year of employment.
Please send resume to Maryse Wirbal at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The purpose of this job description is to provide a concise statement of the work elements of the position, and to organize and present the information in a standard way. It provides as much detail as is necessary to distinguish the position for all others. It is not intended to describe all the elements of the work that may be performed by every individual in this classification, nor should it serve as the sole basis for Human Resource decisions and actions. The Front Door Agency is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.