Foundation Relations Manager (Posted May 2022)
The Foundation Relations Manager is responsible for researching, writing and managing foundation and government/municipal gifts to the Front Door Agency. The Manager develops strategy and manages all aspects of foundation and government gift prospects, cultivation, solicitation, and reporting. He/she will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. The Manager participates in the Development Department’s budgeting process, establishing annual revenue goals for foundation giving. S/he monitors progress against goals: analyzes monthly results; develops periodic forecasts; provides progress reports; and ensures accurate tracking and reporting of foundation/grant performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders for grant support.
- Display adherence to organization’s mission.
- Maintain proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Identify, write and submit all foundation and governmental grant proposals including: Federal, State, Municipal, Civic, Corporate Foundations, Private Foundations, and United Way.
- Furnish prospective funders with all required supporting documents.
- Collaborate with the Agency’s Corporate Relations/Special Events Manager with Corporate Sponsorships that require grant submission.
- Collaborate with CEO and Chief Development Officer to cultivate closer working relationships with all foundations that fund in Front Door Agency’s areas of interest through meetings, events, and standard communications including letters, newsletters, emails and phone calls and promote on-site tours
- Draft all grant reports and submit in a timely fashion meeting all deadlines
- Ensure timely acknowledgment of gifts and that all grant requirements are met timely (press release, etc.)
- Work closely with each department, especially the Development, Marketing Departments and with Program Directors.
- Work with CEO and Chief Development Officer to ensure that Agency programs are funded to their fullest
- Assist with fund raising events –Gourmet Festival and other Agency events as deemed appropriate
- Represent the Agency in civic/community activities including foundation check acknowledgements when applicable.
- Provide input and oversight in managing the donor database and gift record-keeping of foundation support including recording of contributions, correspondence/touches, and also in hard copy form.
- Attend staff meetings as indicated
- Perform other duties as required.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred • a minimum of three years of senior level development experience; proven track record in achieving or exceeding annual goals for fundraising through foundation giving and state and federal grants; and demonstrated track record of success in increasing both the number of gifts, the size of gifts and relationships with foundation giving officers • Organized, creative, highly analytical and have excellent communication skills • Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team• Strong computer skills • General flexibility and ease of movement between multiple projects • Ability to sell a vision and to solicit support for its implementation • Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to think strategically • Excellent written and oral communication skills that is effective with a broad diversity of audiences • Must be deadline driven.
Part-Time Non-Exempt position based at 20/hrs week.
Salary Range: $25-$30/hour
NOTE: The purpose of this job description is to provide a concise statement of the work elements of the position, and to organize and present the information in a standard way. It provides as much detail as is necessary to distinguish the position for all others. It is not intended to describe all the elements of the work that may be performed by every individual in this classification, nor should it serve as the sole basis for Human Resource decisions and actions. The Front Door Agency is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.