Financial Literacy Program
Educating, Empowering, Transforming.
Sign up now for this FREE 5-week program to be offered this spring at The Front Door Agency, 7 Concord Street, Nashua beginning June 1, 2017. Presented by Santander Bank, this session will be offered Thursday mornings from 10:30 to noon. For more information or to register, please call us Monday through Thursday at 603.886.2866. Participants can receive 7.5 Continuing Education Credits to participate in the IDA matched savings program for education.
- June 1 – Basic Banking
- June 8 – Money Management
- June 15 – Credit Report / Credit Cards
- June 22 – Identity Theft
- June 29 – Home Buying / Credit Report Review
At the Front Door, we believe that everyone needs to understand how to manage money in order to achieve financial independence. We provide basic financial education through a series of four weekly workshops offered twice per year, in the fall and in the spring. In collaboration with Prevention Makes Cents, we are able to offer free childcare to those in need.
Please note: Continuing Education Credits (7.5) are available to participate in the IDA matched savings program.
After completing the 5-week program participants:
- Understand how to manage money by tracking and analyzing their current spending and will learn how to prepare a spending plan.
- Understand available banking services and how credit unions and banks can actually help support your financial goals.
- Understand the purpose and importance of saving, setting goals, and learn easy ways to start saving even with little income.
- Understand how credit works, how it impacts your life, types of credit available, and how to rebuild a poor credit rating.
- Learn about various types of community resources that can help you during financial difficulties or can help you reach your saving goals faster.