Financial Literacy Program
Educating, Empowering, Transforming.
This FREE 4-week program is offered at The Merrimack YMCA on Wednesday evenings from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. and features presentations by financial experts from Triangle Credit Union, The Provident Bank and Santander Bank. Call 886-2866 today to sign up for our spring session. Child care is available, but space is limited — please reserve early!
- March 22 – Budgeting & Savings
- March 29 – Credit Reports & Debt Management
- April 5 – Banking Services & Products
- April 12 – Community Resources/Credit Report Review
At the Front Door, we believe that everyone needs to understand how to manage money in order to achieve financial independence. We provide basic financial education through a series of four weekly workshops offered twice per year, in the fall and in the spring. In collaboration with Prevention Makes Cents, we are able to offer free childcare to those in need.
Please note: Continuing Education Credits (7.5) are available to participate in the IDA match savings program.
After completing the 4-week program participants:
- Understand how to manage money by tracking and analyzing their current spending and will learn how to prepare a spending plan.
- Understand available banking services and how credit unions and banks can actually help support your financial goals.
- Understand the purpose and importance of saving, setting goals, and learn easy ways to start saving even with little income.
- Understand how credit works, how it impacts your life, types of credit available, and how to rebuild a poor credit rating.
- Learn about various types of community resources that can help you during financial difficulties or can help you reach your saving goals faster.