Volunteer – Make a Difference
“Budget Buddy” Coaches
We are currently looking for women to serve as “Budget Buddy” coaches. Many women in our Transitional Housing Program need one-on-one support with their finances in order to make positive and lasting life changes. The Front Door Agency has partnered with Budget Buddies to provide volunteer coaches. This program is perfect for you if you are looking to make a lasting difference to women in need and have time to give.
As a volunteer coach, you’ll provide ongoing support for one client and you will be supported by Budget Buddies.
Here’s what we ask of our coaches:
- A genuine interest in & commitment to working with low-income women
- Strict confidentiality of all client financial & personal information
- A six-month commitment to your client; The next session begins October 2016 and runs through April 2017.
- Participation in a two-hour coaches’ orientation session
- Participation in 10-12 client workshops of 60 minutes each
- One or two follow-up contacts with your client between workshops
- Participation in a monthly Coaches’ Exchange
To learn more or to be considered as a volunteer coach, please call (978) 703-0820 or visit Budget Buddies. Be sure to reference the Front Door Agency when you call.
Ongoing Volunteer Needs
Volunteers are an important part of the day-to-day operations of the Front Door Agency. We often need volunteers to assist us with a variety of ongoing activities and special events. If you have some spare time and would like to make a difference, please contact us today! For more information, contact Nancy Page or call 886-2866.
Ongoing areas of need include:
- Clerical support, including assisting with bulk mailings
- Childcare providers on occasion
- Perform dump runs
- Assist with furniture deliveries
- Light maintenance of our properties